Facebook Badge

4.09.2010

Rehab in Christ

          As you may have read a few days/weeks ago, I spoke about having some spiritual rehab. I won't say it's complete but rather I am a work in progress. This phase of rehabilitation was due to a load of things that have built up within probably about three years. I'm talking about bitterness, resentment, a chunk full of disgust, struggling with celibacy and battling the tendency to have animosity towards certain groups of people.
          I've felt a load of disgust and distaste towards my own fellow brethren over the years. Not all of them just a certain number of them. Instead of bringing the news of Christ's love, salvation and our coming eternal fellowship with our heavenly Father, they seem so stuck up about taking over the world worse than Pinky and the Brain. There's too much focus on demonizing people that may not have the same views as us instead of simply reflecting the love of Christ so that in turn they can see Him as He is. I'm not saying that Christians should water down the message. Jesus sure didn't. Instead, like He did, we are to find the means to help people connect with it.
          Because there are bold statements made in the New Testaments about sin and morality, some simply won't accept. One thing to be remembered is that there are people who, like Pharisees, take what is there and add onto it what's simply not there. Then there's people like Sadducees, who pick and choose what they find to be acceptable and true. Nothing wrong with picking and choosing but in the case of what God, according to the Bible, states as right and wrong, you can't take or add to it.
          I've felt bitter and resentful due to people claiming to be one thing and then when things hit the fan, they're the first to run for cover and later play it off like they never did anything wrong. I still feel like the vengeance I pray for has yet to be served and the justice I deserve has not been dished out. I'm not God and so long as I'm not, I'll have to forgive just so I can sleep at night.
          As far as celibacy, let's be clear--as a Christian, you're taught you're to wait until marriage to consummate and get intimate. It's hard when you're at a certain age and you've managed to somewhat keep in control while deep down you wanna explode. I'm not your super squeaky clean Christian everyone wants to believe to still be. Believe me, I've had my not so holy moments but the important thing is that I get up on my feet and keep moving. I also don't believe in Christians covering themselves up. We're open letters aka everyone is suspect to transparency. Jesus and the Apostles happened to never hide anything. Paul wasn't private about rebuking Peter for showing hypocrisy towards the Gentiles. There's no coverup of the fact that Jesus whooped some ass with a whip at the temple for people turning a gathering place into a marketplace. We need to stop covering up our scars and faults and instead help people learn how to adapt best when confronted with temptations and struggles we have in silence.

No comments: