Facebook Badge

6.22.2010

Graduation, Fist of the North Star, Lone Wolf Syndrome

     First off, I'm congratulating my dear sister on being a high school graduate. IT always warms my heart to see someone graduate. With that said, I just woke up from a long nap.
     So I sat down to watch the Fist of the North Star anime series. Folks, you're better off watching the anime movie. The story is tighter and the ending has a sense of "damn" in it. For those who don't know, it's about a post-nuclear world. Seas are dried up and the earth looks about as barren as Cera in Gears of War. A guy named Ken is trying to find Julia, his beloved girlfriend, and exact his revenge on Shin for not only kidnapping her but also, in his madness, leaving him for head (with seven wounds on his chest, mind you). In his journey, he helps the innocent that are struggling in this barren world against cruel biker gangs and hoodlums. Then finally, he faces his brother Raoh in a final showdown. This is where the movie and the show differ. In the show, Raoh loses, turns to stone and Kengoes his merry way on Raoh's horse with Julia to spread the seeds of life. In the movie, the ending isn't so happy. Julia dies after falling down along with a big cross that she's tied to. Raoh wins the fight (or it's a draw depending on if you're watching the American or Japanese version) and Ken goes off to spread the seeds wherever he may roam. That's after he recovered from a good butt whooping.
       Lately, I think I've been suffering some sort of Lone Wolf Syndrome. Usually, I desire to be around people I like or simply like to be with. Yet as of recent, I've been wanting to be alone, a lot. Literally, all I would do is think more than Winnie the Pooh. Believe me, that bear can think forever on top of that log. I don't know. My girlfriends seems to treat me just fine, so there's no trouble in paradise as they say. I'm probably just having one of those moments. Maybe I need to book a show just to keep myself busy.

No comments: