Facebook Badge

6.04.2010

Topsy Turvy life, Oil and blame

     Boy, these past two weeks have been insane. BP let hundreds of gallons of oil head into the bottom of the ocean. Then add in all the various attempts to cap and stop the leakage. They're pulling every rabbit out of the hat they can. I'm willing to bet they'll take any advice they can get from the American people. Heck, they are calling out to James Cameron for his work with Titanic (believe me, Avatar's blue alien won't help here).
     My biggest problem here is how Obama is taking responsibility and blame for something he didn't cause. Granted, he, until now, didn't have a problem with oil as fuel for energy and offshore drilling (at least not in its entirety). What can you ask the president to do? Have people forgotten that he's only a mere man? He can't scuba dive down there with superhuman strength and throw the damn thing to the moon! What's the matter? Have Obama loyalists finally realized that he is a mere human instead of an unstoppable idol? Have people become oblivious of the obvious sign that Obama is just a pawn and that the governmental machine are the Kings, Queens, Rooks and Bishops behind everything? He can only execute but as long as the other branches and puppeteers in government do not agree on any proposal he makes, his power is on a minimal scale.
     People have whined and bitched saying, "Obama, bail us out", "Obama, fix our health care", "Obama, fix the economy", "Obama, stop the war in Iraq". The good news is that troops, last year, were told by Iraqi leaders to get the heck out. Health care got a re-haul although some can debate if it's any good. Economy is still shaky and with this oil thing, it's getting worse.
     I ask that you guys just pray and just help me keep my chin up and my faith alive as, quite frankly, hard times are coming ahead and while there may be moments of rescue and relief, I'm pulling rabbits out of a hat to make sure that I can help in preventing some rough moments from coming upon me or my fam.

No comments: