Facebook Badge

12.16.2010

02 What a Year.

     I'm just, warming up on my love seat after a zombie of a day at work, reflecting on some of the things that went down this year. Damn, it's been a drag of a year. Where to begin?
     One thing's for sure, a lot. I witnessed a spiritual, emotional and mental breakdown. I finally saw the weight of sorrow that I bore crush the arms that held it. I had gone through weeks and months where I didn't talk to God much after seeing my best friend's injustices. I got fed up with having to worry about everyone's problems and sadness yet neglecting my sense of self-approval, validation and need of comfort.
     Yet in the midst of collapse, I saw a new me awaken. I got to experience a re-engaging of my faith in Christ and a new perspective of my existence and the beautiful view of who, what and how the Church is meant to be on this crying planet. I found the closure to my sorrow, the shedding of my old nature. Although there are still pieces to shed, the ones that needed to be gone the most are gone.
     I also found the new means of expressing my feeling and emotions via Blogspot. I also self-published two books (Taking Over Me and Walk This Realm), working on a third one and experienced an improvement on my graphical skills. I also managed to reconnect with some friends, make new ones and ultimate bring closer inside about forgiving others.
     I also experienced a very bold reminder of how much God loves me. I don't have to understand Him and I'm fine with that. I know I may not have even gotten drenched in all of life's madness but I know what I've been protected from and what I've chosen to never dip into and glad every day that God has delivered me from many things. I can never answer the question of why the same card wasn't dealt to others because everyone is different and all our journeys have a different start to the story and some are similar. The question is, will we choose to meet God for the same desired happy ending?
     I got to enjoy some good movies and endure some really s#!%%y ones. I also got to see Dark Tranquility, Killswitch Engage, Devil Wears Prada, Creed and Skillet. I got to review, analyze and enjoy new music.
     As far as where God will take me in 2011, only He knows -- I just happen to have gotten a glimpse of what's in store...and that glimpse looks awesome.
     One last thing I got to witness this year -- seeing the darkness and corruption that is subtly injected within American/global politics and the entertainment industry. I've realized how often we let ourselves be their puppets instead of being united voices of justice against corruption. Granted, some things must come to pass but never must be pass from this lifetime not standing for what we believe is righteous, pure, just, and loving.
     Like every other year, '11 will be like water -- the slightest changes in time will alter what it will be. At least I can be still and know that despite all the changes, the unshakable will remain as is. So long as something is man-made or man-ordained, it will eventually crumble and fall but all that is made in purity, if you can choose to believe it, has its way of standing firm and never falter.

No comments: