Facebook Badge

5.25.2011

One of those days

The end of cold weather, snow, spring semester and the beginning of the sunny-ness. Yeah, it's that time ladies and gents. Summer, oh how I love and loathe thee. Your days are scorching but your nights are soothing. I must admit, the first five months of this year have been different than my usual. They had their share of drama, craziness, sadness, joy, peace and contemplation. Has it been worth it? You damn right it has. It's through all those moments that I've learned, grown and in some ways changed.

As I write this, yeah I'm dealing with my days of recovering from this light case of bronchitis and perhaps my life is a little weird but at the same time, I'm a little more at peace. Perhaps it's because after stumbling on the same circumstances in life, I've learned to react a little differently. Like seriously, how many times can someone react to something in their life the same way before they learn that a different approach might help a little bit?

I'm surprised I had something to write today because I've felt a bit of writer's block. Heck, I'm despising the fact that the blog I wrote about May 21 is the most viewed blog. I like that people decided to read but I'm also pissed because, well, seriously, were you really worried? The darn knucklehead that predicted that is in hiding like the spineless twirp he is. Heck, according to my dad, someone shut him down on his own show.

I guess I'll continue with my memoir while I'm here sitting at home healing up. Thought I'd let you all know that from May 30th to June 1st, you won't be hearing from me. Why? A lovely getaway, enough said.

In the process, I want to thank 'chelle for being there for me this week when I got hit with bronchitis. I swear I appreciate every last thing she's ever done for me. Yes, people, go ahead and get your barf bags out just because I'm being a little mushy.

By the way folks, the latest Pirates movie is pretty dang good. What I like about this movie series is the fact that you can watch each of them without feeling left out about the previous film. I haven't seen the first three in their entirety yet I never felt lost while watching On Stranger Tides. Depp and Cruz were graceful throughout the film. Blackbeard stole the show in my book simply due to his first appearance and his freaking awesome powers due to his sword. I found it clever how they gave the whole legend of Ponce De Leon and the Fountain of Youth a whole new twist. It definitely gave it a fresh take and good element to the whole chase of it. All I will say is, Sparrow is one tricky s.o.b.!

No comments: