Facebook Badge

4.28.2012

In My Walk, resuming some writing

Hey everyone,

       I'm back for a slight update and another conversation-opener. I've been busy with work, hitting the gym and lots of studying. Meanwhile, I've also have been doing a lot of thinking and processing of thoughts.

       As of late, I've been taking the steps to start anew -- with my personal life, somewhat my social life but most importantly my spiritual life. My main goal socially is to establish positivity with my current friends and establish new positive friendships as well.

       As for my spiritual life, I'm finally at that state of mind where I can renew myself in the Lord. The past year alone has gotten me in a dark place and I'm glad I'm getting out of there and being able to see a little more clearly.

       The toughest thing for me in the past four years is sticking to going to church. Why? I just find myself having trouble staying committed with group fellowship. I guess all the talk about a personal relationship with God one on one finally got to me. Thing is, you can't forsake the relationship with the Body because without them, you can find yourself a little crippled. As for why I went a solo route? I found myself lonely in church for the most part. I got disheartened in that 90% of the time, people seem to want me to go to church and see me there but beyond that, there's no befriending, no friendship, no interest in me as a person.

       I feel that as a Body, we ought to get to know each other and draw close because I'm sorry, the thought of parts of the body being scattered instead of being one and being united and well in harmony turns me off. Jesus never considered his disciples just mere servants and followers but also friends. How do we know what the person sitting next to us is going through or even know how to help them if we don't take the time to know them as people, what their aspirations are and so forth? It's one of those things I have always questioned for years and felt like I've never gotten the answer for.

       I should be resuming from writing soon. As soon as my Mac is back up, I'll be putting in all the writing I've done plus what's been saved and hopefully just a matter of editing and publishing.



Until then my friends,
Ronnie A Gonzalez