Facebook Badge

7.16.2012

Feeling like a foodie! Movies, reading and food!

Hey there my dear friends!

       I'm sure you've been wondering what have I been up to as of late. Let's just say while I've been busy with work, I've also picked up on some reading, movies and food. Let's start with the movies shall we?

       First off is Ted. This movie moved me on a pathetic emotional level. For that reason alone, it deserves an Oscar. By far funnier than the latest of Family Guy, this movie stirred up the nostalgic desire I always had as a kid of my teddy bear coming to life and being my best friend. As much as I laughed at all the crazy antics, I got all glazed in the eyes when things centered on the touchy relationship of the man and his thunder buddy of a teddy bear. Heck, I even forgot that the guy had a girlfriend! You will laugh and you may cry, enough said!

       Then there is Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Indeed, our former President shows that he can step up and slay vampires the way Selene from Underworld can slay werewolves. The notion of the South being bloodthirsty vampires trying to corrupt our country adds a whole new dynamic and funny fictitious conspiracy theory in respect to the corruption of our government. It wasn't about black people being slaves, it was about stopping vampires from taking over our turf! Silly? Perhaps but makes a good yet simple story. The action is take your attention and the acting is pretty solid.

       As of late, I got my hands on the best of Sherlock Holmes stories, as well as Edgar Allan Poe's collection. All the reading I need to sharpen up extra ideas to my writing.

       As far as food goes, while I love Epic Meal Time, I've been toying with a few new condiments and creating my own little concoctions on my own. I've gotten my hands on Guy Fieri's Carolina No. 6 Sauce and Marinada and let me tell you, the savory and tangy taste of sweet and sour, bbq and cayenne pepper is quite the adventure. I used it on some chicken breasts and it was so good, the little burnt residue on the frying pan was delicious. I even gave a round to some Jack Daniels flavored bbq sauces -- irresistible! Tabasco has also helped enhance the fury my mouth craves with chicken. Next time, I'll try melting some chocolate on my chicken and see what funny flavor unravels!