Facebook Badge

4.22.2010

South Park and Muhammad

     Lord knows I'll get burned and criticized for what I have to say but I will discuss no matter what. For those who didn't know, a lot of bickering is going on by revolutionmuslim about South Park's caricature of the Prophet Muhammad. Have to admit, they (the site that's protesting) don't lend themselves to the situation as the knuckle-headed leader of the group said he'll, "pray that Allah kill" both Matt Stone and Trey Parker. Yeah, uh, I wonder how Allah would feel having his name used in vain like that?
      The reason I believe that the leader behind the organization needs to grow some balls is for the following reasons:

1. Jesus is mocked in half of the series of South Park on blasphemous levels
2. the Devil's been made to be sympathetic at times in the series (best example, the South Park Movie: Bigger, Longer and Uncut)
3. Lord knows how many times Cartman rips on Jews since the shows inception.
4. In neither of the aforementioned cases did you see radical Christian and Jewish groups whining and
    pissing about their beliefs being pissed on.
5. The only one that pissed and moaned and ended up pissed on anyway was Tom Cruise because of Scientology (who wouldn't)
6. an entire episode was dedicated on mocking Mormons. I didn't hear about Mormons throwing a fit.

     In my opinion, screw you Revolution. Get used to the fact that, in this country, whether you like it or not, your religion/faith/spirituality will be ridiculed one way or another. Get used to it. I'm not saying I approve of it (believe me I have my thoughts about South Park, Family Guy and Simpsons, even though all three make me chuckle with laughter), I'm simply re-stating that we have freedom of speech regardless of what it is. So, until you get used to U.S.' freedom of speech, grow some balls.

No comments: