Facebook Badge

4.26.2010

Arizona Immigration, we have a problem!

     As I was reading my email and chatting with my girlfriend, I suddenly heard about some new immigration law passed in Arizona that's pissing everyone off (even Al Sharpton). It was blaring out of the TV on PIX11. I was like, "Huh? What?" I had not a clue as to what was going on.
     Since no one seemed to know what the deal was, I turned to Rachel Maddow since her show let the Arizona Governor speak for herself via footage from a press conference. From what I understood, it consists of the following:


1. If law enforcement suspects you of being an illegal immigrant, they have the right to demand your paperwork or any means of proving you're either a legal immigrant or a U.S. citizen.

2. If you cannot prove citizenship or if in fact you are an illegal immigrant, your ass is going to jail for 6 months and a $500 fine.

3. You looking like an illegal immigrant is in the eye of the beholder (law enforcement).

4. Although racial profiling is illegal, trying to identify and confirm the suspicion of sighting one involves the factor of racial profiling anyway.

     Take it for what it is, it's really fishy and effed up.

No comments: