Facebook Badge

2.08.2011

Reawakening

     In the two month mark of when my gf and I met something happened -- or at least began to happen. The other side of me has begun to reawaken. Sure, everyone has seen and read of the usual side of me -- the ranting, raving, Spider-Man-esque punch line giving, passionate and awesome side. Then there is the other side of the coin -- the one who shows unconditional love, doesn't hold grudges, doesn't compromise who I'm meant to be for anything and the voice of hope to the hopeless.
     Questions were asked. Answers arose. Quite honestly, I've never felt this fire burn inside the way it's burning in years. At some point, somehow, while the essence was there, it felt like a piece of me went silent and asleep. At some point, my strength was down to only bare bones. But now I feel the strength returning, the fire burning. The side of me that was strangled unconscious just woke the eff up.
     Of course, at such a declaration, rest assured, the hellhounds will be after me. But hey, I don't walk alone and don't lean on my own capability. I will speak silence to those ravenous hounds and call fire to devour them.
     Throughout the course of yesterday, whether at work, school, home or the Ferry, I felt that fire burn. There's something about His power that when it settles upon you, it's like fire to your bones -- that when it feels like you're at a loss of words or action, you can let His arms wrap around you and just feel it take hold. It's truly amazing -- it really is.

No comments: