Facebook Badge

1.30.2011

Wings spread Awake

     I'm not going to go on a rant about how butterflies equate to mind control and stuff...it's pointless and it takes away from one of God's simple but beautiful creations -- that my girlfriend likes very much aside from dolphins. My girlfriend, as do I, see butterflies as a symbol of freedom -- nothing holding it back, it flies freely.
     In a song I wrote called Breakup, I address the issue about ditching everything that holds us back -- whether it be addiction, depression, anger, people, etc. As one of the lyrics go, "Counting down the days/til my wings are spread awake/no longer to conform to you/the thorns have grown enough/I'm tired of giving up/it's time to fly away". The very thought of it didn't ring until last night in a wonderful conversation with Michelle.
     For the past God knows how many years, anger, frustration, sadness and heartbreak were chips on my shoulder that would weigh over me like a black cloud. You can only live on so far with it. Given that I will be 26 this year, those things don't weigh on me anymore. God apparently had a way of lifting that off of me and in turn put a love in my life that helps me fly freely like an eagle. I don't feel numb and as it goes in Creed's song, Overcome, "Don't cry victim to me/everything we are and used to be are buried and gone".
     How long will we choose to live with our miseries and pain? When will we choose to let go and live the way we're meant to live?
     This March there will be an important day for me. It will be the moment and day where I can finally say, "it's time to really and peacefully move forward and live with a free heart in every way".
     In case if nobody knows or even bothered to notice, Michelle and I have finished the writing process of 3ra. All that's left is the artwork and a photo or two. For me, I can proudly say it's the beginning of something truly different yet powerful.

No comments: