Facebook Badge

7.28.2011

Re-releases, excitement and smiling.

Hey Guys,

Thought I'd let you all in on what's going on. While Vol. 1 is still underway, I managed to revise and re-release Taking Over Me. With some restructuring and good editing, the book is good to go. Walk This Realm will be getting the text-only treatment too, however, as a means for it to not feel like left overs, I'm putting it on hold until I can write more material geared towards its subject matter. It may be a successor to TOM, however, I don't want it to feel like it's some B-sides to it. As a standalone in text, it falls significantly short in contrast.

I can't wait for school to start again towards end of August after my show. Heck, the show itself is going to be exciting! It'll be my first gig in a year and instead of being nervous, I'm just stoked!

I also noticed something recently that's a bit unusual of me. I've caught myself smiling more often. Usually, I'm very stone faced, neutral, grim and what have you. To see me smile, usually, you'd need to make me laugh. Sometimes, I have to force the smile. As of late, though, it's come more natural to me and I don't feel as shy about it now. I like the feeling, even though I don't quite get it yet.

The weird thing I've noticed lately is how this week a lot of people have been telling me about the crap they're going through, all of which I'm keeping to myself, being who and how I am. I honestly haven't found myself in that position in a long time. You'd think I'd feel low or something due to hearing people vent or verbalize their concerns, worries and stuff on me. Honestly, the way I handle is this -- I'll hear you out but at the end of it all, when I'm by myself and in a serene place loaded with empty space and silence, I take it to the Big Man. I can't carry anyone's cross but I sure as heck know the One who can help carry the burden. I can listen and help up to my own limit but in the end, I'm not the one that can make things change for the better all the time. This may not be much to say but this is all I got for now.

Below are the links to buy Taking Over Me:

http://www.lulu.com/product/file-download/taking-over-me/16341084?productTrackingContext=search_results/search_shelf/center/4

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/taking-over-me/16341083?productTrackingContext=search_results/search_shelf/center/3

No comments: