Facebook Badge

8.23.2011

Tales of a New York earthquake

Technically, it went down in the Mid-Atlantic. For those who don't know, NY, NJ and PA don't count because they're in the North Atlantic as is Massachusetts, Connecticut, etc. With that said, Virginia got hit with a 5.6-6.0, depending who's reporting your news.

Stories are all over the place about it having hit NYC. So where was I when the tremors resonated? I was waking up and I felt what would be equivalent to a light vibration from a cell phone. It was for 5 seconds and that was it. As I checked Facebook statuses from friends (and friends pending), I'm seeing stories of beds rumbling, stuff falling off the wall, buildings shaking and the end of the world as we know it. All mainly from Staten Island, Manhattan, Queens and a slight touch of Brooklyn. Maybe my building is firmly made for things like this but I personally didn't feel the impact at all.

With that said, what's your earthquake story?

No comments: