Facebook Badge

11.10.2011

Turning the Page: Recovering from a Hangover

This week has been a week of new beginnings of sorts. I've never been one to burn bridges but hey, if it has to be done, be it in a good or bad way, it has to be done. Any regrets? None whatsoever. Why? It's because it is time to shed it all away and start anew. If I'm to enjoy my life from here on out, I need to purge myself of the filth I've contaminated myself with. I feel as though I've woken up from a hangover, except in a spiritual sense.

I woke up, seeing that I had become a man with a very short fuse, unable to cope with my emotions, let alone being absent of all optimism, hope and a genuine sense of love, let alone having become a begrudging human being. As of now, like someone hanging over, I'm trying to replenish and rehydrate after having woken up with my place in shambles of a mess, let alone having my head in the toilet. One of my exs, namely Naila, told me the following, "you must return to your first love". She was on the money. Truly, God, in his mercy and love, has a way of giving a human being another chance after having screwed up many times and I'm no exception. I ended up hearing the song Unchanging One by Todd Agnew and even after less than a decade, the song still resonates strongly within. When romance proves itself an epic fail, family are unable to understand you entirely and friends distance themselves, Christ is truly unconditional in being willing to extend His hand of love so that we can latch onto His very essence. It isn't a feeling thing, it's a certain thing.

Years ago, I probably would've stooped down to continue responding to God knows how many indirect comments, tweets, statuses that involve bashing me.However, being the grown adult I am, I understood that you are an immature person when you choose to participate in an indirect back and forth. The bigger person simply walks away -- no taunting, insults or slander. Just walk away because you'll save yourself a lot of trouble. If they have done you wrong, forgive them as God forgives us every time we've screwed up. That isn't to say that you should reconnect but rather to forgive, let go, live and let live.

I've done and said things that I'm not exactly proud about, whether they were done properly or otherwise. Yet as it is, I move forward, throw away those things which are meaningless or pointless in hanging on to and just live and live in peace. Right now, nothing makes me more happy than to reconnect with the Lord and to start over and remembering the things that matter in my life.

No comments: