Facebook Badge

12.28.2011

As 2011 closes

As 2011 closes and as I do my laundry, I can't help but think back and reflect on everything that has happened and I must admit, quite a lot has happened.

I managed to release Walk This Realm and then re-release both my books, fully revised and reorganized. I also managed to start working on 3ra and while the plans around it got altered and tweaked, it's halfway there.

New but short tidbits of music were created this year and it was great to know that there was still some spark left to create.

This was also a year where I had to tackle some dormant demons, pet or otherwise, and face them head on. Whether it was pride, vanity, wrath, depression or a grudging spirit -- I had to confront them all eventually. Have I won over all of them? Eh, not yet anyway but lord willing I'll get there.

I got to experience new things thanks to Michelle. From a trip to Sonics, exploring Staten Island, learning to creating a budget to making that big getaway trip to Atlantic City, I can't say I've had a boring year. Heck, I saw Joan Jett for the first time and saw what gluttony in a buffet really looked like!

I also forged stronger bonds with people I already knew and made new ones in the process. Whether it was bring closer friends with Rob and Cali, making friends with Xavier and Diana to having enjoyed an adventurous relationship with Michelle or even bonding with Joseph or catching up with Erik, I can't walk away from this year with even a hint of a regret.

Sure, I may have been hurt along the way or perhaps hurt others but it's part of my learning experience as a human and a bigger piece that leads further to maturity. Some bridges may have been crossed and I may never cross again but some I cross now and may cross yet again on a later date.

I look forward to 2012, given that I have a book to finish and more music to make. Most of all,.I have a faith to rebuild. Time will tell in terms of what happens.

Until then,



Ron

No comments: