Facebook Badge

4.21.2011

worse than Superchunk!

     Is it just me or do people suddenly need me to write new content every few days now? I'm finding that after a few days the viewership goes flat. Seriously, does this blog really leave people wanting more? I'm not in any way attempting to sound full of myself, it's just a trend I've noticed! I can't promise constant writing for this reason -- if it doesn't feel right or it feels like what I'm writing is an indirect commentary towards someone, I refuse to write it.

     Recently, I finally sat down and watched Saw 7. I will go ahead and say this -- it's over! People have said the ending was too open-ended. It's only open-ended if you choose to see it that way. Gordon's only role was to protect Jill. Should anything happen, he would act on Jigsaw's behalf. I'm going to go ahead and ruin the movie for most of you -- she dies but so does Hoffman. With that said, there really is no new Jigsaw killer, as Gordon has no purpose nor reason for it. Not only that, if another sequel were in the works, it would've been announced by now. Plus...well, franchise milking would be way too obvious by this point. As far as the traps are concerned, anything after the first trap was pretty cool. The one with Linkin Park/Dead by Rising singer Chester Bennington was my favorite as it was possibly the most grotesque. The acting in the opening scenes made me cry of misery. Seriously, how dare they put such cheap copy and paste sub-standard acting!

     Then I saw The Rite. To be real, great performance by Anthony Hopkins and while some of the scenes were intense, I found nothing special nor memorable out of the film. I don't know, maybe The Last Exorcism (in my opinion) shocked me a bit more. Like, honestly, I have nothing else to say about this film. I don't dislike it but I'm not amazed by it either.

     Last night I was at PCC and, for me, it's another night of spiritual rehab. Except this time, I had taken off from this form of rehab in almost a month, so I kind of felt the tear in me going back. It was like yet again picking up where I left off, which is still at the beginning of recovery. While the core was about the addressing of violence and whatnot, we found ourselves in a barrage of talk about marriage, divorce, abuse in relationships (physical, emotional, verbal), wrath, pride, vanity, lust, gluttony, etc.

     I couldn't help but walk away last night with this -- pride has its way of being the gateway to every other sin somehow in some form. My reason for saying it is this -- pride is always about the "me, me, me's" and anything but God-centered. I want to make big bucks, so I'll step on as many people as it takes to make it to the top. Greed due to Pride. I want that girl, so I'll sexify myself so I can bag her. Lust through Pride. That person offended me so I'll make their lives hell. Violence and Wrath due to Pride. Just name it and somehow, the sense of selfish Pride can be linked to it. It's very different when say the following occurs:

     I need to make good money so I can help my family or at least have my own place so someday, I have something to offer my future wife and children to live. I desire that person because we know how to bring out the best in each other. That person offended me but you know what, I forgive them. Vengeance is the Lord's, let Him take care of them in how He sees fit, even if I may not agree with how He does it.

     When a person can't forgive, that's Pride right there because they want the person that offended them to suffer in some form. When a person can't apologize for a wrong they've done, consciously or otherwise, that's Pride -- because they never want to admit any wrong and always believe they're right no matter what is or isn't said. When a person refuses to let go of something, knowing it can do them further harm, that's Pride because they deceive themselves into believing that they can fix it.

     Do my words betray me? Sometimes but I push everyday to improve in not betraying my own words. I won't excuse myself by saying I'm human because these days, that's everyone's copout. Amongst ourselves there are a lot of "pet sins" if you will -- I'm just one of the people that have decided to break the silence and say, "enough is enough".

     I'll close with a confession -- I've had my pet sins and on this day they're done away with. I'm tired of taking everything so personal to the point of holding grudges. I'm done with wanting to believe I'm always right, even if it sometimes hurts. I'm finished with being quick to react on something, even if I feel jumpy when I don't have to. I'm through with makin' this life all about me when, in the end, it isn't.

No comments: