Facebook Badge

5.06.2011

Fresh May

     Have to say, while this month has started with quite the bang for me when it comes to writing, yesterday really jump started everything. I sat down to watch Joe Satriani's Live in Paris: I Just Wanna Rock and lemme tell ya -- that dvd is a trip on LSD all by itself! Definitely not your average live concert dvd, they made this very theatrical in presentation as well as in visuals.
     On top of that, just spending time with Ry to clear my head about some things in my life was refreshing, especially since hanging out was something that was long overdue.
     To put the cherry on top, I saw the midnight premiere of Thor. Time-wise, it competes with Lord of the Rings (seriously). Visually, by far, the most well-done film by Marvel. While some might argue that the Frost Giants look more like tall demons instead of icy giants, the fantastical elements of the world of Thor were well presented and at times, breathtaking. The action was well choreographed and lots of fun to watch. You get a few chuckles throughout the movie while you're at it, mainly due to Thor's initial inability to adapt to Earth's way of being, as well as not having his powers and reduced to a mere mortal. I would say from Chris to Natalie to even Anthony Hopkins, the acting was well-done. My only grip is that you couldn't tell whether Chris was in a real body, on steroids or if his body was in cgi the entire film. I say this because even with the use of blue screen in 300, Gerard Butler had convinced us still about his muscular tone and realism.
     Lately, I've been learning to just re-build on my faith, shedding my old self more and more and simply "embracing my inner man", as my friend NYC Lase would put it. There's a turning point in each of our lives, I think, when we sit down, reflect, think and realize that things from within have to change and some things need to be embraced and it just so happens that this particular moment has arrived for me.

No comments: